Thursday, August 21, 2014

Baby Steps My Dear, Baby Steps.

I was told by someone close to me to always take baby steps. Me being a perfectionist I liked to take ten steps forward and it wasn't until this one person pulled me back and she would tell me in her soft spoken voice, "Baby steps my dear, baby steps." She would have me breathe and take some time to think about what it is I wanted right in that moment.

With my struggles I would always want to wake up cured from self harm, an eating disorder, and my bipolar disorder, but that was never going to happen. Every day was a struggle, but with every day I could say I was clean, it got that much easier.

I am thirteen weeks clean this past Monday. I'm still in the early stages of recovery and boy is it hard. I think about my struggles often and because they are old habits I frequently want to fall back into them.

If you or anyone else struggles with mental health and they are struggling or even just starting the recovery process I urge that you tell them or even tell yourself to take baby steps. Recovery is not something you can rush nor is it something that should be rush. Everyone will move at their own pace. You will know what is best for you and will help you on your journey to fin happiness.

This blog is my story and my recovery, one baby step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment